Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Stills: Horses


This is "Sandy", she is a stable/pasture mate of "M".

This is "M" she is a Akhal-Teke.  Photo taken August 17, 2008.

I enjoy horses, we had horses when our daughters were teenagers. Only one was a "horse nut".  I enjoy watching horses, I used to ride a long time ago. Chance and I sometimes go up the road a piece and just watch the neighbors horses.  One day..

They all lined up..just for us!  It was an amazing experience. I had to take two photos to capture them all.

There they were all fourteen of them all lined up.  I took these photos on October 07, 2009

I took this photo in November for my granddaughter..she lives, eats and breathes horses..but doesn't have one of her own yet.  This is the one that she would buy if she had enough money, if she had a barn and a pasture, if she could afford hay and feed..she is just eleven.  Maybe someday her dream will come true. In the meantime, I encourage her to read and learn all about horses.  Check out more Horse flesh at Sunday Stills..now there are some real horse people in that group of Photographers so the photos should knock your socks off.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!:)  

14 comments:

  1. Hello M....you are certainly far from home...not many of you in this country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 3rd one - all lined up in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots and like the others the lineup is my fave..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a stare down....you verses the horses. They can be so funny sometimes. Great shots, and I wish your grandaughter luck in her dreams. I hope she gets just the horse she wants one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something about that next to last photo reminds me of the opening scene to Bonanza and the little spotted horse in the middle looks like Little Joe's!!! I think I watched way too much tv when I was young!!! I hope your granddaughter continues to learn about and plan for a horse in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots. My 11yr old granddaughter is a real horse nut as well. She has taken riding lessons now for several years and would give her right arm for a horse of her own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chocolate chip pony. hehe!
    And the horses all lined up are great!
    I hope your granddaughter's dreams come true.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your post. If she's a true horse nut her dream will come true hard to say when but it will. Before I forget again, I keep wanting to tell you how much I love your header pic. I don't know what it is but I just want to get on my horse and do a nice easy lope up that road.It must go to a good place or something?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janice, As a matter of fact is does..the road in my header goes right past the pasture where the horses are all lined up..I used to ride in this area as a teenager a long time ago. A kindly old neighbor and his lovely wife live along this road:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is quite a line up. Horses have a special spirit about them that humans can really appreciate. You have some pictures of some real nice looking horses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember being 11 and desperate for a horse...any horse. I remember thinking..."someday" and sure enuff...Someday is here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics! I love that they all lined up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A friend here in KS has 13 horses... we only have 3 and I know what it costs to feed them, one being old and getting special feed that costs more. I don't know how people do it with that many horses!!!! Great pics, gorgeous horses.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I am glad you stopped by! Connie