I learned how to do something cool in my Photoshop Elements program last winter. It is a very old program, but it suits me OK.
This is what I did.
1. I went into my program and opened up the image I wanted to work with.
2. I duplicated my image. ( Just in case I messed up!) Then I closed out my original copy.
3. Then I went to layer, then to duplicate layer..when it pops up name the layer black and white.
4. Then under enhance..select remove color. Just like magic your image should turn black and white.
5. Then select your eraser tool, and erase the parts that you want to turn back to the original color. I zoomed in and selected the appropriate number of pixels to erase at one time. Erase..erase..
6. Save your new image! Crop it if you desire.. I cropped mine and made it a square photo.
Here is my original image.I am sure that there are more fancy smancy programs out there. I only learned this much Thanks! to a Sunday Stiller called Wild Black. It was a great way to practice and make this entry for The Bloggers Community Photo Challenge:)