Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A-Z Photo Challenge: Z is for Zebrawood


My son in law hand turned this Zebrawood bowl on his wood lathe, he gave it to us as a gift in December on our 39th Wedding Anniversary. I am constantly amazed at how thoughtful and kind he is..most definitely a keeper! Zebrawood describes any wood with light and dark stripes..but the distinctive stripes are most commonly found in the species Microberlina in West Africa. Well, we are at Z.. and Martha is taking a break until school is out, I will miss this challenge:)

9 comments:

  1. Nice bowl! I'm partial to turnings since my DH is a woodturner as well. You can see some of his work at TellicoTurnings. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, my dad does woodturning also..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bowl and wood! I love all wood, as you can guess..we live in a log home!

    The Retirement Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bee-U-tee-full bowl. He is certainly a keeper. Lovely photo for the Z challenge... I almost forgot about it, better get something figured out by tomorrow!! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your 365 blog and life on the far side of fifty in Minnesota looks very similar to life in Alaska. Enjoyed your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! I love it - yes, he's definitely a keeper! Thanks for playing along on this challenge, It's been fun. I know I'm not around much these days but try to keep in touch!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bowl! I don't think I'd ever use it, afraid to ruin it. I suppose maybe you oil it? I'm sad to see this challenge end, evey though I didn't come up with a Z. :-(

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I am glad you stopped by! Connie