Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday Stills: Bad Weather

The Sunday Stills Challenge this week was bad weather.   I have some of that!  Here in Minnesota it is cold and snowy.

White out

This is a ground blizzard.  Snow is picked up by the wind and causes white out conditions.  I took this photo at the end of our driveway.

Can you see the driveway

Here is our driveway..can’t see where it is can you?  Good thing we have another driveway we can use.

Blowing Snow

Here are some more photos of blowing snow.  I took these from inside the car as we were driving to town.  The wind chills were about –30 F that day.Ground Blizzard

I wish Spring would hurry on it’s way.  Have a good week!

6 comments:

  1. Hard for me to imagine living in such cold conditions. Move on down south!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you braved the elements and took these shots. We didn't really have any "bad" weather this week for me to share. We got snow but we need it and it was that nice quiet no wind snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots, all that blowing snow give me the willies..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. While seeing the pictures itself i feel so cool. Thinking how people live in this cool climate...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The old weathered pine photo has a great color from the sun. Most of them look very cold and dangerous to out there in that kind of weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember reading about the white-out blizzards in Laura Ingalls Wilder's books. Either her books or some others told about having to string a heavy line between the houses and barns so a person wouldn't get lost in that short distance because they could not see. Very, very scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I am glad you stopped by! Connie