Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot: Playing in the Water


Carly assigned playing in the water, something that Chance enjoys! It was a lovely evening, on June 2oth when went down to the lake. The Loons were calling, and a Great Blue Heron was fishing. Chance splashed along the shoreline, and ventured out and tried to bite a lily pad. It moved in the water, so he backed off, seeking the safety of the shore. The water is still cold...I noticed this when Chance shook droplets of water all over me. The evening air was heavy with the smell of dead fish, a smell very familiar to me. I used to patrol this very shoreline, every morning in the summer for dead floating fish that would eventually be washed ashore for my dogs to roll in...:)

8 comments:

  1. Haha, what is it with dogs and their desire to roll in the smelliest stuff they can find??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie :)

    Ahhhh... he is such a beautiful dog! It's always fun to see the fur babies come along for the photo fun. Great photo.

    -Carly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't normally like to play in the water, but if I was with Chance I think I would!

    Kisses,
    Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was looking at your Sunday Stills and these photos caught my eye. Chance is beautiful! Good shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chance is so cute, playing in the water. Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just like Chance, Oscar loves the water... I think that he is a fish really.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks happy in the water. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I am glad you stopped by! Connie