Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Stills: ‘Tis The Season

The challenge this week was to photograph what Christmas means to you.  If you love shopping and being a kitchen slave..perhaps you should stop reading now. Tree in town

This is the leaning tree on Main Street in town 14 miles from our home.  We check it every time we go to town..it looks like it could go over in a strong wind.

IMG_8086

I like Christmas ornaments..I collect them.  I scour antique shops for them. It is one of the only holiday activities I enjoy.

I like shopping in antique shops, flea markets and thrift stores.  Other places no so much.   Not many people appreciate gifts from my favorite shopping places.   I hate shopping in other stores with their piped in music and Christmas “stuff” that is out before Halloween.  I don’t like to cook or bake either..or wrap gifts or write cheery Christmas cards and letters.  Bah Humbug.. 

I do shop and bake and cook..but only because of peer pressure, it is not something I look forward to or enjoy. Bah Humbug..

IMG_9287

Now if I could just sit quietly after a potluck dinner on paper plates while someone read the Christmas Story and I could exchange a small hand made gift with someone..I would be more than happy to say Merry Christmas:)

13 comments:

  1. LOL you really do sound like me this time of year.....but at least you collect antique ornaments....that's more than I can say. Great shots.....I like the leanin' tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with all of your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you do like to shop for ornaments :)

    Such a pretty photo, too.

    I don't like shopping or cooking this time of year either. But my 8 yr old daughter loves to bake cookies, so we do enjoy doing that together.
    My special times during Christmas are spent with my family. Without them I would be feeling rather Bah Hum Bug about now, too.


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking earlier this morning about how much I enjoy potlucks. I am with you 100% -- potluck and homemade gifts. They're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure wish more people would make handmade stuff and give as gifts, it sure is more appreciated.

    But I love Christmas and baking and dont even mind the shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you sister!! It all bah humbug for me too. I definitely hate the shopping...I just sent $$$ to the granddaughters. We didn't even decorate this year. I believe all this commercialize has taken the joy out of Christmas, I know it has for me. We are going to a Christmas openhouse on Christmas Day instead of our usual Chinese restaurant!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you all carve that last Star ornament? It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't bake.....

    I hate to shop....

    I love Christmas ornaments....

    Are you my Sista from another muther???

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will be over soon enough my dear. I love your photos though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, love the leaning tree. Our Christmas will be to the extreme of too quiet but we will just enjoy what we have. I need more antique stores to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice shots..

    Merry Christmas & all the best for 2012 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL we are going out to eat for Christmas this year. No baking. Little shopping. (I do like to put my trees though.)

    Your pictures are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to say....Merry Christmas from Lisa and the entire herd at the Laughing Orca Ranch!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I am glad you stopped by! Connie