Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Stills :Fabrics

The Sunday Stills Challenge this week was fabrics.  I don’t sew.  But my Mother does and this is a table runner that she made me for Christmas..it is still on the dining room table.

IMG_0140

It is reversible.

IMG_0141

 

I put the extension tubes on the camera.  I have not used them before.  I bought them to photograph snowflakes.

IMG_4997

IMG_4991

IMG_4981

I will have to keep on keeping on.

I bought a new small enough to keep in my pocket point and shoot last week a Canon SX160IS.  I took the first two photos with that camera today.  I think I will like it.  It beats carting around the big camera and all the lenses especially in the wintertime. Have a good week everyone:)

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos and such a pretty tablecloth from your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my little Canon. I take it everywhere along with pen & notebook. Downside, I sometimes forget how to work my big Nikon. Picture me in the middle of an interview, madly searching for the button to turn off the flash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice fabrics in the tablerunner. Too pretty to put away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thatz an all spiced up fabricz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Extension tubes are extensions that you can put on your "big girl camera" to get better macro shots with a regular lens. I got mine at Amazon for $15.00 so I could do macros of snowflakes..which I haven't done yet:)

      Delete
  6. So you are liking your new little POS? You did great with the photos too. I've learned some about extension tubes but never used them. Someday.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you still have this table runner out- it's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your photos turned out excellent. The material looks alive!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am surprised you don't sew cuz you can do about everything else!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's a beautiful seamstress...lucky you! Your new camera's doing great. That'll be fun to keep handy.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I am glad you stopped by! Connie