Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sunday Stills : The Number 7

The Sunday Stills Challenge this week was The Number 7.

I had nothing all week.  Then on Saturday morning I was in an antique shop and saw an old 7 Up bottle..so I parted with $2.00 to take these photos.   The bottle was in “as is” condition..dirty..but perhaps that adds some character to the photos.  I played with the bottle posing it in different snow banks in my yard.

7n Up one

 

7 up two

7 up three

This is a 10 ounce bottle.  I will guess it is from around 1958.   I know most 7 Up bottles have a date on them. This one does not, at least not one that I can decipher.  This one has a D in a diamond in the center, a U off to the left, a 7 off to the right, a 16 at the top position and a 3589 at the bottom position.  It has the slogan “You Like It    It Likes You.” There are seven bubbles on the red parts of the label..some of them are covered with snow.

Have a great week everyone:)

13 comments:

  1. I like the contrast of the pure white snow and the dirty bottle in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat shots but time to get rid of the snow..;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colos with the green and red of the bottle against the white snow. Colorwise I like the first one best, compositionwise I prefer number two.
    I can't even remember seeing a 7Up bottle like this one, guess that particular design was gone before 7Up made it over here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bottle is very similar to ones I remember from my childhood. Soda was a rare treat when I was growing up, but after bouts of stomach flu, it was 7up that calmed my stomach and allowed me to gradually eat again. I was always thankful to be handed the cold, green bottle and pass its coolness over my hot forehead before taking the fist tentative sips. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent.I haven't seen one like that for a long time.Funny some of the best things are from 58.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have way too much snow.... just sayin'..... I remember the old bottles. We used to collect bottle caps when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a good one.... I didn't get this one done :( kept a look out and never ran into a 7 (that I noticed...) Back to business next week after too much play!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Gods must be crazy 2? It seems 7 Up has been taken over by sprite here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DELIGHTFUL!!! I had a wonderful chuckle and enjoyed your bottle posing in the snow!

    Linda
    *♥´¨) ¸.-´¸.-♥´¨) ¸.-♥¨) (¸.-´ (¸.-` ♥♥´¨
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1st shot was perfect, people would say it dosen't match and unlike many i love walking normal & wet on a rainy day in London, or even try eating up a ice cream when its freezing outside, my wife would happily join with me for such adventures :) we love doing it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like all your snow, wish we had more! All good shots, partial to the middle one - composition & light coming through the glass are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures! I like first photo best, with snow and sky blending together! Would be nice to have all the numbers decoded!

    ReplyDelete
  13. too cute! love those colors in the snow drift.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I am glad you stopped by! Connie