Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Stills:Inspiration For Photography

The Sunday Stills Challenge this week was to show something that inspires your photography.  Let the pictures speak for themselves.  Okay..but first I must tell you..I recently enjoyed a weekend away to immerse myself in photography..get a few lessons and practice, practice, practice..these photos are the result. They are my inspiration to become a better photographer.

Sunrise on Superior three Sunrise at Temperance River State Park on Lake Superior.

 

Wave at Sunrise Two

Catching a wave at sunrise!

Sunrise on Lake Superior four

 

jen on Lake Superior

My daughter Jen..photographer in action.

 

North Shore Inspiration Three

North Shore Inspiration

 

Split Rock Lighthouse

Split Rock Lighthouse

Trail along the Temperance River

Gooseberry Falls

Gooseberry Falls

Enger Tower Duluth

Enger Tower

Duluth at Night

Duluth at night

Fall Landscape

Duluth from Hawk Ridge

While were were at Hawk Ridge a newly banded Sharp-shinned Hawk was up for adoption.  My daughter Jen adopted the small hawk and set it free.  This last shot was one of my favorites from the whole weekend.

Jen releasing Sharp Shinned Hawk Oct 7 2012

 

Have a good week everyone:)

15 comments:

  1. Hi Connie, What beautiful photos. It would be hard to choose a favorite! Looks like you are doing very well with your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!! You were a great student judging from the results of these photos. I love the ones with the sun rays shining down from heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I am glad I don't have to pick a favorite. I can see why you like that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful & very inspirational shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! It's hard to say which is a favorite. So I'll just say, Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your photos are beautiful, i especially love the beach ones

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one dear, i think i loved the last pic and its relevance. You are living in such a beautiful place. best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection :) love'em all :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots! The falls are fantastic..Well Done!!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great views to inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! I'm glad she set it free...my favorite also!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow great shots.... all I have to say though I have a real thing for water ....so I have to say those were my faves. What a good job on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My wife and I have sat on the shore and painted the fourth picture's scene many times. The sixth and seventh shots are two of our other favorite things to paint. I love shovel point and have been there when the whole area was fogged over and one couldn't see it. Great shots of the north shore.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I am glad you stopped by! Connie